Wednesday, January 23, 2013

New Years Post

So I know that it's already the 23rd, but I don't think it's too late for a little 2012 wrap-up post.

We spent a wonderful 2 weeks in Allen, Texas with the Billings family. Oh boy, do I love going there. The weather is nice, but even better, I love the Billings family so much. I've always felt so welcomed in their home and as I get to know each family member better, I enjoy the relationships that I get to build with them. Plus, it is nice to join a family as an adult, because then they don't get to remember you as being, oh I don't know, a snarky teenager. We also got to meet our little friend Sam Olive for the first time. That was pretty boss. He's such a cute little guy.

Then we came back to Provo, finished finals, and went to Kennewick for over 2 weeks. (And Greg finished all his classes, so his BYU diploma came in the mail and everything!) We had so much fun in Ktown. It was my first married Christmas there! We went sledding, ate lots of yummy food, hung out with friends and family, and hardly slept at all!

I went back to school this month. I am taking a full load of classes--and it's hard. We feel so blessed, though, that Greg is able to work part-time so that he can stay home with Charlie while I"m in class. So life is good.

As I reflect on 2012, it was a big year. I feel like I learned a lot. My only goal for 2012 was to get through it; while I think that it was a good goal, I'm kinda let down that I didn't make any other goals. So this year, I made formal goals. I won't share all of them here, but I thought I'd at least mention a few:


  • Make my apartment cuter (I have a list of crafts that will help accomplish this)
  • Run a half marathon
  • Finish all my coursework for my Masters Degree (and work lots on the thesis)
  • Get more sleep
  • Make good homemade bread often
  • Stop having "the headaches"

May 2013 be a wonderful year for us all.


1 comment:

  1. ooooooo can making bread be a goal we share? that's something i really want to do too. i feel like it wouldn't be that hard if i work it in to the sched, and it would be ever so much tastier!

    can't join you on the half marathon goal...don't know if i'll ever have the desire to run long distances for love or for money or for charity or for...any reason, hahahaha. but i REALLY admire you for doing it, seriously i do.

    ReplyDelete