This year has been so busy so far; I can hardly believe it's almost October and it's still in the 90s every day here. Not cool, Texas! I just wanna have the freedom to wear pants every day and not get heatstroke because shorts are the effing worst.
I had surgery on April 30th, and subsequently spent a lot of the next month on heavy pain meds, so I don't remember much of May, besides Baby Bub got married in Kennewick! It's weird to think that I was younger than she was when she got married. Woah.
I feel like ALL of June, July, and August this year was a mad blur of feverishly working around the clock on my thesis research. A few noteworthy things happened in that time, though:
- Greg and I combined our birthdays and went on a weekend getaway to San Antonio, AKA The Most Pretty/Touristy Fun You Can Have in Texas. It was a dreamy little trip. I hope more little (or big!) trips like that with Greg are in my near future.
- I went to Kennewick (by myself!) for my brother Nate's mission farewell! I think the protective-older-birthday-twin-sister is coming out, because I was a hot mess that whole trip thinking about Natertot going to serve a two year mission in the wilds of Colorado. Just kidding, I'm still a hot mess of emotions every time I think about it or read his emails. But mostly I could just explode I'm so proud of him.
- I got diagnosed with allergies to wheat and eggs. I'm still working through that. More discussion to follow in a later post, but to say the least, it's been a crazy ride so far.
This month, September, I have been fighting my anxiety monster a lot. I'm coming up on my hard deadline to submit my thesis for defense approval, and it's keeping me up at night. It's most of what I think about in spare moments. But, with a lot of elbow grease, I think I can meet the deadline. More on that later, as well.
Here's hoping that October brings temperatures under 90 during the day, an approved thesis, and the realization of the awesome Halloween costumes I've been planning in my head.
No comments:
Post a Comment