I have roughly a year's worth of Charlie quotes. Because my baby is a year old and I finally feel like I might have a hot second to type some stuff, here we go!
Really feeling his new role as a big brother
Rock Paper Scissors discussion for firstborn:
"I think I did rock and he did scissors, or maybe he did rock and I did paper. But if we both did rock, we would have been twins!"
Talking about Harry sleeping, "Good thing we got THAT baby!"
Talking about my tummy, how he wants us to have more babies
Me: Well, how many babies would you like us to have, buddy?
Charlie: Seven! Or as many as humans can lay.
In the mind of My Charles
Me: I call myself Steph in my head. What do you call yourself in your head, buddy?
Charlie: (with a completely straight face, and a heavy Southern drawl) Chaaaaahlie Baaaaaahlie
"Did you know these knives are for stabbing?"
"I like being at church because I feel the Holy Ghost, and when I feel the Holy Ghost it helps me to think about things like not screaming."
"Magic is real, cuz Jesus has it."
Me: I need some quiet time, buddy.
Charlie: I need some loudness time!
"What's the internet? Oh, it's where everything is cool."
Me, talking about a recipe: It's bacon-wrapped chicken, stuffed with cheese
Charlie: I think I should try that!!!
Charlie, pretending to be a Barbie, sees Harry crawling towards him, "(gasp!) Oh no! Babies eat Barbies!"
Learning how to relate to others
Greg: Charlie, I don't work again until next year!
Charlie: I hope next year never comes!
Seeing me about to eat dark chocolate,
"No, Mom! That's the worstest kind of chocolate!"
Charlie: What's powder blue?
Greg: It's kinda like the color of the sky
Charlie: (Matter-of-fact) That's sky blue.
Imitating me, "Hi, I'm Mommy! I'm allergic to everything I eat!"
Talking about a park he's designing:
There's a part for grownups and a part for kids, the part for grownups has benches and talking..."
Growing up in front of my very eyes
Loudly whispering during the Sacrament at church
"Mom! Bread is my favorite!"
Carving pumpkins, using the knife without drawing it out first
Grandma: Charlie, are you sure you don't want to draw it out first?
Me: I think he's feeling empowered
Charlie: More like overpowered!
Goobering with Dad, spelling out words. Dad squishes him into the chair, he yells and spells out,
"A-A-H!"
Growing up in front of my very eyes
Loudly whispering during the Sacrament at church
"Mom! Bread is my favorite!"
Carving pumpkins, using the knife without drawing it out first
Grandma: Charlie, are you sure you don't want to draw it out first?
Me: I think he's feeling empowered
Charlie: More like overpowered!
Goobering with Dad, spelling out words. Dad squishes him into the chair, he yells and spells out,
"A-A-H!"





No comments:
Post a Comment