Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cinderella!

 

For my ballet class, I am required to attend a live ballet performance and write a paper about it. Professional ballet performances are expensive, so I opted to go to BYU Theater Ballet's production of Cinderella. Greg, ever the gentleman and loyal husband, went with me on Thursday, and we had a great time. Cinderella has always been one of my favorite stories of all time. (At age 6, I played Cinderella in the Linde Girls Production. Cinderella will always be near and dear to my heart.)

Because we bought our tickets late, we sat in the nosebleeds, and I had to wear my glasses to see the stage, haha. But seriously though, the music (also live performance, by BYU Philharmonic Orchestra) was fantastic! It was the original ballet music written by Prokofiev. I love Prokofiev! The dancing was great, and I feel like now that I'm taking a ballet class, I'm at least a little more aware of what makes a good ballet dancer than before. I also loved seeing the dancers doing the basic positions that I know. Maybe it's because my mom was a ballerina, but I've always thought that ballet was somehow magical; the dancers float around the stage on their point shoes so gracefully and beautifully!

As we were driving home, I turned to Greg and thanked him for coming with me, and for being happy about it, and whatnot. Then he looked at me and said, "Hey, I got taste. Obviously I got taste; I married you!"
What a man! He never ceases to amaze me. Everyday, he makes me grateful that I somehow managed to marry him.

2 comments:

  1. Cute blog Steph! Love your V-Day story, just makes you remember why you married each other huh?;)

    ReplyDelete