First off, I legitimately need ten hours of sleep a night to feel well rested. Secondly, I am a terrible procrastinator. I had a huge project due in my Historical Linguistics class on Thursday, which meant that on Wednesday night I got three hours of sleep so that I could finish the project. I finished the project (after 30 hours total work on it) and turned it in, so that was good. All day Thursday, I felt like a zombie. I did get some sleep on Thursday night, so that was good, too. Last night for dinner, Greg took me to Romano's Macaroni Grill, a favorite restaurant of ours, and then when we came home, I was so tired that I decided to take a short nap. Big mistake. I ended up waking up at eleven, and then I couldn't fall back asleep until 4 this morning. I get really scared and paranoid when I'm sleep deprived and it's late at night, so I was terrified until I finally fell asleep and then I had nightmares until I woke up at 9:30 this morning. Needless to say (but I'll say it anyway) I am very tired today, and I feel weird. Whatevs. I'll get over it in another day or so.
On a positive note, one of my favorite books is Persuasion by Jane Austen. I have always loved the story for some reason, even though at first glance it may be kind of a depressing story. Anne Eliot leads a sad life; she is unappreciated by her snobby family and still broken-hearted after not marrying Frederick Wentworth years earlier.
But I love the story! Anne is a genuinely good person, and she ends up with Captain Wentworth in the end, after years of patiently waiting! How beautiful. I sincerely love the book.
Last night when I couldn't sleep, I watched the movie with Amanda Root and Cieran Hinds, which I also love. Yesterday during my classes I had the soundtrack running through my head, and when I watched it last night, I remembered how much I really love the movie. So great! I love Jane Austen!


I love persuasion also. It's a goodie. Read any other Jane Austen books lately that i should check out?
ReplyDeletePersuasion and Pride and Prejudice are tied for my fave Jane Austen book. I also really like Sense and Sensibility. Northanger Abbey is quite different from her other books, and I thought it was only ok. I still need to read Emma and Mansfield Park.
ReplyDelete