Thursday, September 22, 2011

Little Charlie Guy

Sometimes being pregnant sucks. 

I am on week 3 of a cold, which turned into a sinus infection over the weekend, and I have been very tired and sick and cranky this week. 

But really, being pregnant is pretty great, because I'm hanging out with my little Charlie guy. I get to hang out with him ALL DAY! My favorite things are his little kicks and hiccups and squirms. He is so active in there! I think he knows when I'm feeling sad because he'll do something funny to distract me, and I can imagine him saying "Hey mom! Don't be sad! Look what I can do!" 

I like to think of him as my new little best friend, and I like to think that he thinks of me as his best friend, too. We play hide-and-seek. He kicks in one place, so I put my hand there on my belly. Then he'll stop kicking, I'll put my hand somewhere else and he'll kick in that spot, kind of like giving me a fist bump or high five. This awesomeness will continue for 5 minutes or so, then Greg will try, and Charlie stops kicking. I guess I'm Charlie's favorite for now, haha.

I'm so happy that I can have these months to feel like I'm bonding with Charlie before he comes. That way, when we meet for real, we will already know each other! What a great day that will be.

2 comments:

  1. Steph, this is so sweet. It makes me miss you. I wish I was in Utah visiting you with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you were here, too! Maybe you can come visit after the little guy is born?

    ReplyDelete