It seems like our time is being constantly filled with exciting (and tiring--in a good way) things to do! It has been crazy but awesome for the Greg and the Steph these last few weeks. Greggy's parents were in town, and we had lots of fun hanging out with them. Then some of my family came into town for Conference and it was great to see them again, and on Saturday, our best friends Callan and Issac got married!
I'd just like to give a shout-out to Callan and Isaac. In May 2009, I was living in Provo at the Glenwood with Callan and Anya, and Callan talked her boyfriend Isaac into moving into our ward for the summer, and Isaac brought his friend Greg with him. I had just gotten dumped (but I really wasn't sad about it), and I was starting to think about serving a mission. I met Greg at FHE: we tossed around a frisbee and ate oreos. At the time, I still had the pink streak in my hair, and so the first thing that Greg ever said to me was "Did you know you have pink hair?". I was interested in Greg, and when we came home from FHE, Callan told me that Greg already had a girlfriend. I didn't think too much of it, but a few days later, Greg's girlfriend dumped him, and then Callan and Isaac secretly decided that Greg and I should date. So they each worked on us, and within a week or so Greg asked me on our first date.
Two and a half years later, Greggy and I are happily married and expecting our little Charlie guy, and it really wouldn't have happened without Callan and Isaac. We sincerely feel like we owe them so much, and we are elated to see them get married--finally! They deserve all the happiness in the world, and they have waited a long time for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment