Oh my Charles. The Apple of My Eye. The little man of my life. I love his little fiesty sweetness. He continues to grow up and change all the time. Here's what he's up to at 2.3 years old.
I gave him a haircut last week. Sigh. I do love his long hair, but the poor boy gets so hot and strips off his clothes in public when he's too hot, so I figured I'd do everyone a favor. Plus, his short hair makes him look oh so grown up.
 |
| Before Haircut |
 |
| After Haircut |
 |
That's a lot of hair for a little guy's head.
|
Charlie's favorite activities include going "Owsai!", especially to the park. He's a very strong-willed kid, and we've had to make "owsai" the ultimate reward for good behavior. It's working pretty well so far. Tantrums are way down in frequency and he seems to be much better at regulating his emotions. (Boundaries...who knew, right?)
 |
| He doesn't look happy, but I swear he loves the swings. |
 |
| Always trying to ride bikes like daddy |
 |
| Wearing his "hair"/"scarf" outside |
Charlie has had nice hair for a while. He has even appreciated his nice hair and other people's nice hair for a while too. Not surprisingly, Tangled is a recent favorite movie of his. My friend Tiffany observed that Charlie really likes creative play. Lately I've noticed that his "scarf" (a resistance band of mine) is now sometimes his "hair". He will even get a brush and "brush" it. Good times.
Charlie also
loves to bake. Any time that I let him help in the kitchen at all, he is so pleased. I try to let him help as much as possible, and he keeps getting better and better at it. It won't be long before he's cracking the eggs for me and measuring the amounts. We bake something together at least once a week.
 |
| "I'm mixing, I'm mixing!" |
We also fill our time with building train tracks,
coloring on the "big paper", making chalk art on the pavement by our door, building legos, listening to cool music, reading books, and playing with friends.
I'll be honest. Charlie is a really hard kid to be around sometimes. He is so strong-willed that he makes me cry at least once a day. But we're trying to be nice to each other, and I love that even when we're having a hard day, he still wants to cuddle.
 |
| Different days, he just loves this cheetah shirt. |
I have the same gingham shirt that you have! But on a different note, you are so cute with Charlie.
ReplyDeleteIt proves that we both have good taste, then! I love that gingham shirt so much. (I want to put it on my resume because I feel like as soon as people know that I own it, they will want to hire me.)
ReplyDeleteI love how you added a picture of one of your train tracks, like, "I'm such a cool Mom I made that, sucka!"
ReplyDelete