Thesis writing is tough. It's so agonizingly slow. The pace of my life isn't allowing me to devote much time to research, so my advisor and I decided that a December graduation is the new goal. That means a thesis defense in Fall semester. I'm a little bummed by this setback, but it's the best solution. Trying to get it done faster was literally making me ill. Ain't nobody got time for that.
My cousin Whitney was in town and did my hair. I love her so much. She's the best thing that ever happened to my hair; I only wish that she didn't live in Texas.
![]() |
| Responsible parking lot selfie |
I've been wanting a vacation really badly lately, and I feel like this weekend I got a little mini-vacation. It was really nice. On Friday I made vegan Scotcheroos with the vegan butterscotch chips that Greg bought me for Christmas. Holy cow they were so delicious. I could barely sleep knowing that they were in the house. (Shoutout to Irene for showing me how much I love these treats.)
I watched Hannah perform her Turkish folk dance at BYU on Saturday morning. It was so fun to watch the different folk dances from different countries. One of my favorite parts was the pre-show bluegrass band that played. Their performance was so fun and lively: their music seemed so effortless.
Then Hannah watched Charlie that night so Greg and I could go on a date. We went out for sushi--always a good time.
On Sunday, Charlie and I took nice naps. I also wore this outfit. I feel really vain posting pics of my outfits to Instagram, so maybe this is a better forum for that. I'm no fashionista, but I'm trying really hard to have my appearance reflect how I feel about myself. In the last year I've tried to make a real effort to curate a nice collection of clothes and accessories that make me happy. I have the pictures of the outfits to remind myself that dressing nicely helps me feel good.
Art, shopping, food, and naps. That's the way to keep a Steph happy. (Thanks to Greg for making it all possible.)






Do you have the recipe for those things?? They look delish!
ReplyDeleteLove your outfits. We just went out for sushi for Jacob's birthday on Friday. Tried out Simply Sushi in downtown and REALLY loved it!! I highly recommend it.
Love ya, Steph!
So I found the recipe online here http://www.ricekrispies.com/recipes/chocolate-scotcheroos
DeleteAnd adapted it with all vegan ingredients, using the corn syrup variation listed. The butterscotch chips were a very special ingredient--Greg bought them on Amazon and it turns out that they were imported from Israel.
Good to know about Simply Sushi. We're always looking for good restaurants that won't make me sick :)