Thursday, November 6, 2014

Hi, My Name Is Stephanie and I Have a Uterus


I'm so frustrated and sometimes angry about how often people ask me to my face (or not) if I'm pregnant or when I'm having another baby.

My fertility is no one's business but my own. God gave me and me alone stewardship of this body.

I've written multiple drafts of this post in the last couple years, but I've never posted them because they weren't quite right. I think in those posts I spent too much time and energy explaining myself and my choices. Then I realized that I don't have to explain anything about my life.

It makes me sad and again, sometimes angry, that people feel the need to think about whether my uterus is gestating a tiny human and even make judgments about me in reference to that.






2 comments:

  1. I was hoping for a good rant, but you're right, it's no one's business but yours and God's. When will people learn, that yes, although they are not asking the question "Are you pregnant?" because most people know how rude that is, but by asking "When you are going to get pregnant?" is just as rude?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Also, thanks for always being patient when I rant about this.

      Delete