On Thursday night before bed, Greg told me that he didn't get the internship that he applied for at PNNL in Tri Cities. My heart broke; I really wanted to spend my summer term in Kennewick with my family, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.
I cried a lot that night, and it took me a long time to fall asleep. For most of the day yesterday, I walked around in a daze, thinking about my crushed dreams. I had all of the things I wanted to do planned out: cuddling between my parents on the couch, staying up late talking to Jenny and Hannah, making cookies with Maura, watching cool movies and eating Mongolian with Ro and Jordan, making fun of Greg and Nate for playing so many video games, watching Joey do cool gymnastics moves on the lawn, etc.
I told myself that I could mope out all my mopeyness yesterday, so I moped it up! After I came home from studying, I ate ice cream out of the carton, watched two episodes of Psych, and ate half a package of Mexican fresh cheese. Then I went shopping with Callan and bought myself an Easter dress. Later, Greg and I went to our ward bbq and ate more food, and hung out with our friends Nick and Little Linda and Luke.
I snapped out of my mopeyness by the end of the day, and now I am still sad about being stuck in Provo, but after lots of praying, I feel at peace with it. I guess we'll just have to visit Washington a lot this summer.

No comments:
Post a Comment