A lot can happen in a year. Here's some lil highlights from our year:
We went to Cousin Brian's wedding in Manti.
I saw the Swan Lake Ballet live.
Greg got a flippin' sweet new road bike.
Our BFFs the Olives moved back to Provo.
Greg and Isaac rode the 50-mile Huntsman Cancer Institute bike race.
Charlie started singing all the time, even occasionally to his food (he really is my son).
I (with lots of help from BFFs Callan and Tiffany) made more crafts this year than in the rest of my life combined.
Our first nephew, Ammon Billings, was born and we got to go to his baby blessing.
We went on our first family camping trip to Flaming Gorge (but we got rained out the first night).
We got the Lord of the Rings Extended Edition Blu-Ray discs (yes, this made the list).
Greg's mom stayed with us in March for a few days.
Charlie and I started to going to the library really often to check out books and listen to Storytime.
I took a semester of Navajo and LOVED it.
Charlie started narrating his life for us.
I went to California with my BFF Callan for 4 whole days!
Greg and I went to Lagoon's Frightmares.
I met Elder Jeffrey R. Holland.
Greg read tons of Fantasy and Sci-Fi books on his train commute to work.
Charlie learned to count to ten and is working on his ABCs.
Karen Billings stayed with us for Thanksgiving Break.
Charlie broke his arm, but it healed perfectly!
We spent our holidays at home, like true hobbits.
For my birthday, Greg bought us tickets to see Tegan and Sara LIVE in concert, and it was one of the best nights of my life!
I didn't run a marathon this year or finish my thesis, but even though I struggled with a moderate amount of depression this year, I think I succeeded in living a happier life than the year before.
I love what you said about the crafting. Crafts 4 Life!! Also, maybe, if you guys are up to driving all the way out here, we should try camping in Moab this year. Just a thought.
ReplyDeleteI think that's a great idea! My dreams of a trip to Moab with you guys are still unfulfilled!
Delete