Greg is almost done with a freelance contract that he's been doing in addition to working full time and supporting me through the thesis process. He's excited to have more free time in the near future. And he has done more bike rides, which keeps him happy.
Charlie has discovered our Sega Genesis that has been virtually untouched since we bought it a year ago and has been displaying his "real Billings" aptitude for gaming. Recent interests also include ninjas and lava. He's been helping more with stuff around the house, too, which is nice.
My diploma came in the mail! It's official, I'm now Master Steph! For the first time in my life I'm not in school anymore and I really don't know what to do with myself. So until I figure it out, I'm keeping myself busy with only the most noble of pursuits...
Found my new favorite candy bar, compatible with my crazy dietary restrictions, because priorities.
Found out that my favorite flavor of pretzels now comes in "Steph-friendly" variety. (Not pictured: my second favorite flavor of pretzels, Honey Mustard, also in "Steph-friendly")
I finally got up the courage to try a cinnamon roll recipe, and it far exceeded my expectations. Granted, my expectations for a wheat-free, egg-free, milk-free cinnamon roll were pretty low, but Greg said and I quote, "These might even be better than regular cinnamon rolls!" And I ate at least 4 the first day and gave myself a huuuuuuuuge headache from all that sugar. So I'll half the batch next time and invite friends over, lol.
Discovered delicious bbq with my two most delicious favorite people.
If at this point you're wondering, "Did she do anything in January besides eat?!", the answer is not really.
Just kidding! I've been reading tons of books,
I repurposed some old nude heels and made them super-mega-ultra glam party heels,
and took Charlie to the park at least 5 days a week because the weather has been unseasonably warm, even for Texas. (Don't hate me.)
AND, Charlie and I have perfected the art of the car selfie, as you can clearly see in the photo below.
So yeah, a pretty impressive start to 2016.








This was fun to read. I hope you keep it up!
ReplyDelete