Friday, January 14, 2011

Dreams!

These are my parents, Lamar and Kristen Linde.
They are superheroes! They are coming up on 25 years of happy marriage. What a great example! My dad started competitive cycling a few years ago, and he has loved it! He does triathlons, century rides, and marathons. He used to go bike riding with my guy friends in high school (they are good riders), and he would kick their trash! Guys half his age! After having 7 kids, my mom went back to college and got a full-ride scholarship to nursing school. She graduated as the top student in her class, and has gone on to be an amazing nurse. They taught me so many valuable lessons through their hard work, and I love them to pieces. Among other things, they taught me that there is no age limit on your dreams. So, in honor of them, I am pursuing a dream that I have had since childhood; I am taking a ballet class at BYU this semester!

I must admit, I have never taken a dance class before, and I have no idea what I'm doing, but I LOVE my ballet class so far! I may be the biggest girl in the class, and I'm pretty clumsy, but ballet makes me feel like such a lady, and I can already tell that my posture is improving! Maybe someday I'll be as good as this ballerina, haha.

I'd like to thank my friend Rose for encouraging me to take the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment