It's probably a combination of many factors, but last week was kind of hard for me. The reality of this semester is starting to sink in, and my brain is unhappy with that reality. It's my last full semester before I graduate, and I'm taking a pretty heavy course load. It's also the middle of winter, a season that I have never loved, and that I now hate since moving to Utah. Utah winters are so much colder than Washington winters are, and I have to walk around in the bad weather. This time of year makes me pine for the sunshine of summer; I love the endless sunny days and warm weather. Living so far away from my family is hard on me, and I really missed my family last week. (That includes you, Maura.) So, because I let my emotions get the better of me, I spent a good portion of my weekend crying, lying in bed, and sleeping.
That being said, I have decided that this week will be better. I have a great life, and so many things to be happy about! So, I thought that I would make a list of some of the things that I can be happy about.
Jesus Christ, and his love that I feel everyday
Greg: the patient, loving, and calming influence that he is for me
My family back home in Washington that I miss terribly (including Maura)
My new family in Texas that I love and miss very much
The Smith family that takes such great care of Greg and me
My great friends here in Provo that I get to hang out with
My membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
I'm graduating SO SOON!
Today is warmer and sunnier, so I wore a skirt to school
I listened to some great Third Eye Blind while walking to school this morning
I figured out that a big assignment isn't due for another week
And much more
But really, I was thinking about my senioritis while I was running on Saturday, and I decided that I just need to overcome my mindset. For example, when I'm on a run, the last half mile is often the hardest one, because I know that I'm so close, yet so far away! I think it's the same with this semester. Yeah, school is hard, and that's ok, but I still need to power through and finish strong. So, I will try harder this week to have a positive attitude.
In the words of my dad, "It's all good."
No comments:
Post a Comment