On Thursday, Condoleezza Rice came to BYU and gave an amazing speech. Greg and I went to see it, and we loved everything we heard! Condoleezza Rice is so articulate, and she spoke about many controversial issues. She talked about how today's headlines and history's judgments are rarely the same, the importance of education, maintaining the American Dream, and the dangers of entitlement. It was a marvelous speech, and I am so glad that I had the opportunity to see her speak! The world needs more people like her.
I finished a couple of giant projects on Friday, and it is such a relief to have them done! I have been a crazy lady, stressing myself out, and Greg has been a fantastic husband through it all. (Like always.) Thanks for taking care of me, honey!
On Saturday, Greg and I went to an Emergency Preparedness Fair put on by our stake, and got to hear some great advice. Then, later that day, I went to IKEA with my best friends, Callan and Anya. We've been friends for a while now, and we had fun looking back on how we've changed since we met, and how we're all trying to be grown-ups. Callan just came back from teaching English in Russia, and Anya is Russian, so they had a blast talking about Russia while we window shopped in a cool European store.
On Sunday, we had a slumber party at our cousin Sheryl's house. We stayed up late watching movies, eating yummy treats and playing games. On Monday morning, we enjoyed a SUPER tasty breakfast featuring Sheryl's delightful orange rolls. Later that day, Greg and I had a cowboy-themed FHE with our friends Nick and Linda. We watched True Grit, then ate at Malawi's Pizza, then went back to our house and played BANG and ate homemade peach cobbler. We love spending time with our family and friends!
Sadly, we had to go back to school (and real life) today. Greg and I have both been in college for a LONG time now, but neither of us has figured out this whole homework thing yet. Sometimes we feel like we're not very good at being grown-ups, but oh well! We do the best we can, and we love our lives!

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete