On Thursday Greg and I are going to Kennewick to see my family! Yay! Maura is running the Seattle Rock n Roll Marathon (she is Wonder Woman) and my dad is running the half marathon. I am PEEING MY PANTS, I am so stoked to go. Why is it not Thursday yet!? I haven't seen Maura or Karen since Thanksgiving, which has been a huge bummer, but that's ok because I get to see them so soon!
I have always loved the sound of a cello. The cello has a ridiculously huge range of musical expression, and in my opinion, it is the best instrument. I don't have a cello to play right now, but someday I'll get one and I'll practice again. Sometimes I ache to play a cello, and in those times I watch YouTube videos of my favorite cellists. This video is a favorite of mine--it is Jacqueline DuPre playing the first movement of the Elgar cello concerto. This song always bring tears to my eyes, but today when I watched it, I was truly touched by the beauty of her performance.
Like many people that are ridiculously gifted, Jacqueline DuPre had a sad personal life. She stopped playing the cello in her early thirties because she suffered from multiple sclerosis. She died before she turned forty. How tragic! Sometimes I wonder why God didn't bless me with ridiculously amazing gifts like that, but then I realize that I would rather have my normal life.
I have always loved the sound of a cello. The cello has a ridiculously huge range of musical expression, and in my opinion, it is the best instrument. I don't have a cello to play right now, but someday I'll get one and I'll practice again. Sometimes I ache to play a cello, and in those times I watch YouTube videos of my favorite cellists. This video is a favorite of mine--it is Jacqueline DuPre playing the first movement of the Elgar cello concerto. This song always bring tears to my eyes, but today when I watched it, I was truly touched by the beauty of her performance.
Like many people that are ridiculously gifted, Jacqueline DuPre had a sad personal life. She stopped playing the cello in her early thirties because she suffered from multiple sclerosis. She died before she turned forty. How tragic! Sometimes I wonder why God didn't bless me with ridiculously amazing gifts like that, but then I realize that I would rather have my normal life.
Are you actually coming to Kennewick? or are you blazing on through to Seattle? I can't wait to see you! (-your sister, Karen)
ReplyDeleteYes, Greg and I are leaving Provo in a few short hours, and then we will stay the night in ktown before heading up to seattle on friday. see you tomorrow! woohoo!
ReplyDelete