![]() |
| Me and Maura the Conqueror |
Anyways, my dad and Maura did great in the marathon! My dad is so crazy--he ran the whole marathon without training. Only he would do something crazy like that, haha. Maura is my hero; she is such a great example to me of setting a goal and accomplishing it, no matter what obstacles get in the way. She made the goal that she would run the entire marathon without walking breaks, and she did. She said that by about mile 21 she wanted to stop and walk because the pain was unbearable and she was so tired, but she did those last 5 miles anyway! As if 21 miles wasn't hard enough... Sheesh! I was so impressed by her perseverance.
![]() |
| This pic is missing my mom and Joe |
There is something so nice about going home. Being in my hometown where I grew up and being there with people I love makes my heart feel complete. I don't know a better way to describe it. I love my family and it was so great to see them! I got to see my newest niece Katelyn, and that was a real treat. I can't remember ever seeing a more beautiful newborn. Babies are just so wonderful--they give us a little glimpse of what heaven is like. Tell you what, Sarah's girls are pretty ridiculously cute. Aubrey has giant eyes and the funniest personality.
So today was back to school for Steph and back to work for Greg. Real life is hard sometimes.


No comments:
Post a Comment