Saturday, July 30, 2011

Baby!

Sooooo... I've decided to officially "come out"--I'm pregnant! Our little goodlooker is due December 31st, and we are so excited! We find out the gender on August 15th, which is also Greg's birthday. I thought it would be a nice birthday present...

Being pregnant has not been what I thought it would be, haha. It seems that life is like that, though. I always thought that I wouldn't really have a ton of morning sickness because I usually have a pretty hard stomach. This was soooooo not the case. (I guess my body is SUPER sensitive to any hormonal changes, which I learned when I tried the "pill".) Until about 3 weeks ago, so at 15 weeks along, I was REALLY sick. That wasn't so fun. I also always pegged myself as the type to tell EVERYONE as soon as possible that I'm pregnant, but obviously, I'm not that type. I guess I'm more of a private person than I thought I was. It's all still pretty surreal at this point, in a good way.

I am nervous, but I am so happy! Greg has been the BEST with all of this. He has been nothing but happy since we found out about our little goodlooker. He was always willing to go get me whatever food wouldn't make me barf that day, and he has been so supportive as I have been researching health care options and stuff like that. Several times a day, throughout the day, he will text me or ask me if there's anything I need or anything he can do to help me. I love Greg. He's so awesome!

In other happy news, I felt some little baby kicks for the first time this week! I was sitting in Russian class, and it felt like two distinct little taps. Needless to say, it was pretty hard to pay attention in class after that... Funny enough, as I am writing this entry, baby is apparently having a party in there, because lots of kicking and squirming is happening right now. It's so crazy and so cool to feel those little kicks!

I will start posting pics of the belly soon. Right now I feel like I'm still not looking pregnant. I think I just look fat, quite frankly. In the last week, my belly has gotten noticeably bigger, though. We'll see when I decide to post pics...

I'm so grateful for my family and friends that have been so supportive. You guys are the best!
Also, we think that baby is a boy, in which case we want to name him Charles Spencer Billings, and we'll call him Charlie. (Or he could go by C.S., like C.S. Lewis! Except C.S. Lewis's friends called him Jack, but that's beside the point.) We're not 100% sold on any girl names yet. I like Linde, but I haven't talked Greg into it yet. I can't wait for that ultrasound!

Haha, remember these?
 Do you think our baby is a boy or a girl?
Either way, the baby will be much cuter than these silly pictures...


No comments:

Post a Comment