Friday, March 4, 2011

My Obsessions


This is my BYU sweater. My dad bought it for me when my family came to Provo in July. I can honestly say that I am obsessed with this sweater. It is so wonderful! It is fake sheepskin on the inside, which means that it is super soft and super warm.(Note my creepy face as I stroke the sheepskin.) It is a great sweater for any season--except maybe summer haha. I take super good care of it, doing my very best to never get it dirty. It is like my little baby. Well, almost.
I am always coming up with excuses to wear it. Thanks a bunch, Nacho!

In other news, I am progressing with my running goals. I seem to have a love-hate relationship with running--I still have trouble getting myself out the door to run almost every day, but I made an important breakthrough this week; I realized that I am addicted to the post-run endorphins. I normally run MWFSat, but this week I was really busy on Wednesday so I postponed that run until Thursday. For the whole Wednesday evening, I noticed that I was feeling irrationally sad and overwhelmed, and there was no good reason for it. After my run on Thursday, I felt that surge of endorphins in my brain, and put the pieces together. (I have an hour-long ballet class every TTh, so I get the needed endorphins on those days too.)
I need running to help me stay sane. Plain and simple.
This may be a "duh" moment for many people, but I can't remember a time that I was so chemically addicted to running. It is making such a huge difference in my life right now.
I did cross country and track in high school, and always wanted to be like the really hardcore runners that won all their races and lived to run. These days, my goal is to be a healthy, fit, and lifelong runner. Even though I don't win races or run fast like I used to dream about, I definitely feel like I am making progress toward my current goals--and I am proud of myself for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment