Last night I was really tired, and I fell asleep at 8:00. I didn't wake up again until 9:00 this morning. Oops. I always feel so lame when I fall asleep early on a Friday night... Oh well. I guess I needed the sleep.
Last week I did a nine mile run, and it was hard, but this week's ten mile run was alot harder than that, for whatever reason. I was trying to get myself psyched about this run, so I told myself that it would be a scenic run because I was going to run the Provo River Trail down to Utah Lake. Well, that didn't work. After running on the trail for about 20 minutes, it was suddenly blocked off and there was a detour sign. I tried to follow the detour sign, but I got lost and had to call Greg to give me directions. Luckily, his directions were perfect, and I was able to get back to the detour path. Unluckily, the detour took me through a muddy construction site and lots of boring neighborhoods. I didn't even make it to Utah Lake before I had to turn around--it was a long detour. But at least I finished the run, even though I thought I was going to die for most of it. It's days like this that I wonder why I decided to run a marathon. Then I have to remind myself that this marathon is forcing me to get in shape, and more than anything, I want to prove to myself that I can do this. I am the only one that says I can't finish this marathon.
After I finished my run and got un-yucked, Greg and I went to Tucanos! We had a half-off coupon, so we didn't feel bad about a little splurge. We tried to go last week, but I got sick, so we were even more pumped to go today. And may I say, Tucanos does not disappoint. We ate so much tasty food! Thanks for dinner, Mr. Goodlooker!
No comments:
Post a Comment