Monday, March 14, 2011

Pi, Pie, Chucks, and Sunshine







Happy Pi Day! Greg is the science and math guy, so because today is 3.14 we bought a banana cream pie and ate it to celebrate!

This is pretty much the only day of the year that I like math, because today liking math means that I have an excuse to eat more sugar!


This pie was so delicious and sugary, I couldn't eat all of mine; I could feel the diabetic coma coming on. There was lots of whipped cream involved in this pie, so I scraped off most of the whipped cream, and Greg happily ate it for me. He's so good at that :)


As a belated birthday present/congrats-on-grad-school present, Greg bought me a new pair of Chucks! Thanks, Greg! I love you!




They are so clean and stiff compared to my three-year-old, once Navy Blue, now dead chucks:


I loved these Chucks so much that the soles are basically gone. But I can now make peace with them, and say goodbye.

I have been having some pain in my legs lately when I run, and to take my mind off of it during my run today, I thought of all the reasons I was glad to be running. Here they are:
The weather was perfect--it was sunny, and there was a light, cool breeze.
I comfortably wore a t-shirt and shorts while running, and haven't had that thrill in months!
I got to see all the cute little families going on walks or bike rides.
I got to listen to music while running. (Sometimes I forget to charge my iPod and it dies mid-run.)
I took a different route today and saw some cool houses I hadn't seen before.
Because I went running, I didn't have to feel guilty about eating pie.
I accomplished another run on my schedule.

This is nerdy, but I love to think about how all the muscles in my body work together to make running possible. Whenever I feel like I'm just shuffling along, I try to think about the different muscle groups and how they flex and relax in sync with each other. I totally geek out about it, but I am a nerd.

So, this was a long and fairly ADD post, but I hope you enjoyed it if you made it this far!

No comments:

Post a Comment