As this semester winds down (or up--I've heard it both ways), I am getting more and more stressed out. On the one hand, it's nice that this semester is going to be over so soon. There are only ten more days of class left until finals, and like my mom says, "I can do anything for ten days." On the other hand, I still feel like there's no way that I can get it all done in time. I feel this way every semester, but I seem to always forget about these feelings until the end.
I guess it's not all bad. Last Friday, Mark Zuckerberg, the Facebook founder, came to BYU and did a Q&A forum with Senator Orrin Hatch. Greg and I went to it, and it was pretty cool. Mark Zuckerberg seems like a normal guy; he wore jeans, sneakers, and a hoodie. He even seemed nervous as he came out onto the stage, and the first thing he said was, "I'm nervous, I've never spoken to a stadium full of people before." I liked hearing the things he had to say about the growing importance of technology. I also really like having Greg around because he's so knowledgeable about technology, and he always knows how to explain that kind of stuff in a way that I understand.
Tonight Greg and I went to the BYU Linguistics and English Language Department's Senior Awards Banquet because hey, free food! I didn't get any awards, but I thought it would be a good idea to go and support the department...and did I mention free food? Anyways, I always forget how nerdy and self-important linguistics students can be until I spend more time around them. I mean, it happens in every major, but still... Not so cool. However, I am grateful for classmates that manage to be smart and cool--a tough balancing act at BYU. I'm also grateful for an amazing husband that is willing to go to a boring nerdfest with me. Love you, Mr. B!


No comments:
Post a Comment